Simple, Effective Spring Cleaning Tips
So it’s time to put some elbow grease into your dreaded, possibly intensely-procrastinated house cleaning tasks. Cinderelly, wash the dishes, Cinderelly, do the laundry – we know the drill. We also know the time restraints that these thorough cleans can put on your schedule, which is why we have created this easy-to-follow deep clean checklist to help you stay on track.
To keep things sweet and simple, we have broken this spring cleaning checklist down into less intimidating “Clean Zones.” Instead of looking at every nook and cranny, falling into that disgustingly overwhelmed, “how am I ever going to get this all done,” mindset, focus on one zone per week (or day, depending on your inner strength and determination) and conquer this by levels. Trust us; it’s easier on your psyche to take this one step at a time.
Now turn on your music, and get down in the zone.
The No-Zone (declutter and pre-clean)
- Clear surface areas in each of the rooms – put miscellaneous items from each family member into separate boxes/ baskets and put them aside.
The Top Zone (anything above your head)
Dust, wipe and/or vacuum:
- High ledges and shelves
- Ceiling fans
- Light fixtures
- Change lightbulbs
The Eye-Level Zone (anything from belly button to forehead)
- Wash curtains and/or blinds
- Dust bookshelves, armoires and other tall-standing furniture
- Wash interiors of windows
- Dust pictures, mirrors, clocks and other hanging items
The Low Zone (anything from waist to ankles)
- Wipe down the coffee table, end tables and/or sofa table
- Polish any wood furniture
- Wash any of your leathers (chairs, couches etc.)
- Spot clean, if need-be
- Wash your sheets, change your linens
- Clean the sinks and counters
- Scrub the tub and/or shower
- Clean the toilets
The Bottom Zone (everything your feet touch)
- Sweep, vacuum and wash the hardwood, carpet and area rugs
- Dust/wipe down the baseboards
- Sweep the front foyer, back steps and/or porch
The Out Zone (everything in your yard)
Lawns and the rest of your landscaping need some TLC this time of year.
- Remove Litter and Pet Waste
- Power Rake Leaves and Grass
- Cut, Trim and Edge Lawn
- Aerate and apply Fertilizer
- Blow our garden beds and hedges
Don’t forget to check out Scoop, Cut N’ Shovels Spring Yard Cleanup Packages to get BBQ ready !
The Chill Zone
This zone is by far, the most important of them all.
- Do what makes you smile
And there you have it friends – that was our thorough-spring clean checklist. It may sound a little daunting at first glance, but with the right music and the right mindset, you’re going to get through this and be happier at the end!
And of course, EcoBlue Cleaners is always there if you need a hand! Feel free to contact them anytime for all your Cleaning needs in Calgary @ http://www.ecobluecleaners.com